11.17.2010

Retro Vintage Children's Textbook






It's time for a little mid century book love. This book has what it takes and it's a textbook. I am showing more pics than usual - it's just that good. Seven or So is book two in The Basic Health and Safety Program.  Designer John Horton and illustrator Michael Mitchell made a great team - love the illustrations, layout and design in this book! So much so I have ordered the other two books in the series. 

I haven't been able to find any information on John Horton or Michael Mitchell yet, but I will continue looking. If anyone knows about this team, please leave a comment, I would like to know what else these guys did.













Seven or So, Book Two in Health and Safety
By W.W. Bauer, M.D.
Designed by John Horton
Illustrated by Michael Mitchell 
Scott Foresman and Company, 1957

No comments:

Post a Comment