1.12.2011

New Look for The Art of Children's Picture Books

It's a new year and a new look for my blog. After making a few different illustrations (with much indecision),  I decided on this one. I hope you like it and find it fitting. Please let me know what you think, I would love to know.

The mainstay of my blog will continue to be the art and artists of vintage children's picture books. But I will be adding other things that I hope you will find interesting such as crafts, design, art etc....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Could you please tell me what the fifth book from the left illustration is on your masthead?
    I think it's after "Blueberries for Sal"?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5th book from the left is Tamara and the Sea Witch, illustrated by Krystyna Turska, here is the link to that post: http://theartofchildrenspicturebooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/tamara-and-sea-witch-written-and.html
    I wonder though if you were referring to the 4th from the left? It has a similar color scheme, but that image is from True Tall Tales of Stormalong, illustrated by Joan Sandin. Here is the link to that post: http://theartofchildrenspicturebooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/true-tall-tales-of-stormalong-sailor-of.html
    As of yet I haven't done any postings for Blueberries for Sal.

    ReplyDelete