12.02.2012

Christmas Is A Time of Giving, Joan Walsh Anglund

Today's vintage Christmas children's book is Christmas Is A Time of Giving,
written and illustrated by Joan Walsh Anglund. This small (4" x 6") and charming book from 1961 has Anglund's pen and ink drawings and trademark children. I like the vignette type illustrations in this book, very fitting for a book of this size.









Christmas Is A Time of Giving
By Joan Walsh Anglund
Harcourt, Brace & World, 1961

To view my previous postings and read about Joan Walsh Anglund, click here and here. To read a short bio on Anglund at Children's Literature Network, click here.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Joan Walsh Anglund, especially at Christmas and Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, her illustrations are heart warming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Joan Walsh Anglund! My mom had several of these books, though not this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it’ll improve the value of my site

    ReplyDelete
  5. But a smiling visitant here to share the love. btw great style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I truly enjoyed studying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article offered by you is very useful for proper planning.

    ReplyDelete